P9 Portfolio


Project Corrections / Time Spent: I spent an hour redoing the Flier (Computer crash and lost file). I spent 10 minutes aligning my Logo. I then readjusted the alignment and folds on the Brochure for 15 minutes. I adjusted the colors, corrected the body copy and troubleshooted the vector images on the business card/ letterhead project for 35 minutes. I spent over two hours adjusting other elements- however we were only required to report two hours.

Message: I want to showcase my portfolio work in a professional way by using a simple, clean and unisex design.

Audience: Potential client and employers.

Top Thing Learned: Print, adjust, and repeat until the desired look is achieved. Colors always look different from the monitor screen to the actual print.

Future application of Visual Media: I look forward to creating custom Logo’s and Resumes using the Adobe programs as well as photo editing. In doing so I can hopefully improve work quality and delight my future employers.

Color scheme and color names: Monochromatic, grey.

Title Font Name & Category: Lato Regular & Black – Sans Serif

Copy Font Name & Category: Lato Regular 12 pt. – Sans Serif

Thumbnails of Images used:

Grey texture

Sources (Links to images on original websites):



P8 Brochure-

Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 10.50.31 PM



Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 10.50.43 PM













Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 10.51.17 PM

A two sided (duplex) folding brochure.

Process (Programs, Tools, Skills):

I started off by sketching several times, with exact dimensions and several fold ideas before settling with this design. On Adobe InDesign I split my layout into six sections to represent the two folds that created three sections; with three sections in the front and three in the back. I used light pink squares and rectangles to bring fluidity into the design. I kept with one very simple and clean font (Lato) through out the whole design but I played with the different styles of Lato including Hairline, Regular, Bold and Black. I think keeping it simple with one font actually enhanced the design, plus it was great to utilize a lot of the different size and texture of the font. I created a vector image Logo that I incorporated into the design. I found several images online that I used- credit will be given below. I used Adobe Photoshop to edit the images further.

Programs/Tools Used: Adobe InDesign/Adobe Illustrator/Adobe Photoshop.

Message: Inform Brides-To-Be about the Cosmetology services that I offer but also to give a general guide to have flawless makeup for the BIG day.

Audience: Young Adults, Mothers of the Bride-to-be, Current and Future Brides, as well as any one interested in wedding day makeup or long lasting makeup.

Top Thing Learned: I learned how frustrating it can be to translate a mental design to a physical design. I learned how to use Paragraph Styling and how to use and incorporate three adobe programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) for one design.

Color scheme and color names: Monochromatic, Light Pink.

Title Font Name & Category: Lato: Sans serif

Copy Font Name & Category: Lato: Sans Serif

Thumbnails of Images used:


 View More: http://corriekraftphotography.pass.us/scott--brooke  Vanishing Moments Photography    classic-wedding-ideas-popular-elegant-vintage-themed-wedding-ideas-1024x709


eyebrowscropped highlightingarticle-2616647-1D78411F00000578-115_634x563

Credit To: